Frequently Asked Questions
Who can Sign up for Classes?
Adult Classes: We welcome students at least 16 years regardless of age of race, color, or ethnicity. Students under 16 will be permitted to register only with prior consent of the Instructor and Coordinator and may require an adult to register with the student. You do not have to be a resident of Northside School District to take our classes. Children may not accompany adults to class; child care is not provided.
Children’s Classes: We ask that you adhere to the age requirements listed in the course description. Appropriate behavior is expected. At the discretion of the instructor, a child whose behavior is disruptive may be dropped from the class without a refund.
When can I sign up?
If space is available, registrations are taken until the first day of the class. Early registrations are encouraged to avoid class cancelations due to low enrollment.
How do I register?
- Search and register for Community Education courses by clicking the “sign in” link in the menu options.
- Simply browse the “courses” link and add your choices to your shopping cart.
- Have your Visa or Mastercard information ready.
- If you have any questions, please e-mail us.
- Please call us at 397-8100 during district business hours. You will need your Visa or Mastercard information for payment. Outside of business hours you may leave a message and we will return your call.
By Fax: (210) 706-8963
- In the event that you do not have a registration form, please fax us the course title, date, time, and location along with your credit card information. Please include an e-mail address for class confirmation.
Enclose your registration information. Send your check, money order or credit card information to:
NISD Community Education
6632 Bandera Road - Building C
San Antonio, TX 78238
Our office is located approximately 1 mile outside Loop 410 at the corner of Grissom and Bandera Road.
Northside Learning Center
Adult & Community Education
6632 Bandera Road - Building C
San Antonio, TX 78238
When is your office open?
The Community Education office is open Monday-Friday, 8am-5:00pm and follows the Northside ISD central office calendar.
How do I register if I do not have an email address?
If you do not have an email address, please call our office at (210) 397-8100 and an Information Specialist will assist you.
What if the class that I sign up for is full?
If the class that you are registering for is full, you will be placed on a "Waiting List." If an opening occurs or an additional class is opened, you will be notified and given an opportunity to register for the class. Waiting lists are maintained only for the current semester.
How do I register for an on-line course?
You may register for online classes via the online registration system on our website at www.nisd.net/ace.
What is the Refund Policy?
Please read the following information carefully before completing your registration.
- Transfers/Credits/Refunds: If Community Education cancels a class you will receive a full refund, or you may request a credit which will be applied toward the cost of any future course. The credit voucher is valid for up to ONE calendar year from the date issued. Once a class has begun, tuition will not be refunded. If you must cancel a class, or transfer to another, you must call two (2) working days before the class begins. A $12 processing fee will be charged for transfers or cancellations initiated by the student.
Will I Receive A Reminder Notification About My Upcoming Classes?
Yes. If you have provided an e-mail address you will receive an e-mail confirmation and a reminder prior to the start of the class.
Specifically, where do classes meet?
Classes meet in various campuses and private businesses throughout Northside School District. Specific directions are e-mailed with your course confirmation.
Are classes handicapped-accessible?
Community Education is committed to making its classes accessible to all members of the community. Please call our registration office at (210) 397-8100 to arrange accessibility.
What happens in case of inclement weather?
Information of cancellations will be posted on the district website at www.nisd.net and reported by local news media. Classes will be rescheduled and you will be notified.
Are adult students allowed to smoke on Northside Campuses?
Northside campuses are smoke-free facilities. Use of tobacco and smoking are prohibited on all Northside ISD property including parking lots and outside areas.
Can Community Education provide customized or specialized training for businesses?
We can help your organization with your training needs at your location or ours by custom designing courses in the areas of: Information Technology, Foreign Language, Business/Management, Leadership/Supervisory Programs and Specialized curriculums. Please call our office at 397-8100 for information on Custom Training.
Northside Independent School District offers classes to the public for the purpose of information, instruction, enlightenment, and example ONLY. Such classes are NOT to be construed as endorsement or investment recommendations from the individual instructor, his/her company, or Northside School District.