Precious Minds New Connections
Precious Minds New Connections (PMNC), an initiative funded by the Kronkosky Charitable Foundation, is a parenting education program designed to help parents and other caregivers of young children become knowledgeable about the critical development of their children.
Topics presented include: Understanding Why Parents Spank Their Children; Spoiling Your Children; Understanding Discipline, Ages and Stages: Having Appropriate Expectations - Infants, Toddlers, Preschoolers & School Age Children; Children’s Brain Development; Meeting Our Needs and the Needs of Our Children; Helping Children Handle Their Feelings.
What does PMNC provide?
- Parenting enrichment classes that run for eight weeks meeting once a week for 2 hours
- Classes are available in English or Spanish
- Classes are offered mornings, afternoons, and evenings at several locations.
- Classes are available from August to May
- Childcare provided during classes
- Free meal provided for adults and children
- Certificate of completion with 75% attendance (at least 6 out of 8 classes)
- Graduates receive a one day family admission to the San Antonio Zoo.
Who is eligible to participate in PMNC?
This program is for parents, expectant parents, foster parents, grandparents, and other caregivers of children under 4 years old.
2315 Hackamore Lane
San Antonio, TX 78227
Phone: (210) 397-7960
Fax: (210) 645-3914
Coordinator: Brenda Faz-Villarreal
Program Secretary: Mona Sanchez
Parent Education Liaison: Adriana Sanchez