We are so excited that you will be joining us for student-led conferences, “A Night of Excellence”, this year! This is a very important conference for your student and they have been preparing for a long time. Please also be reminded that this DOES NOT replace any parent conferences for the year, but is supplemental and meant for you to have time to discuss goal setting and progress with your child. Each teacher will have a sign-up sheet if you wish to schedule a parent-teacher conference. Teachers are facilitators at this event and will not be participating directly in your conference. We intend for the environment to be positive and encouraging. Goal setting is a large portion of our Advisory program throughout the school year and we are thankful that you are taking this opportunity to be part of that process with your child. In rehearsing, there are some things that the students are anticipating for this event. Throughout the duration of your conference, please keep the following in mind:
- Listen carefully to your student, they have been preparing for quite awhile.
- Paraphrase any key points you may have heard.
- Display curiosity by asking open ended questions. Your child may ask you to save your questions for the end and write them on a notecard. Please be mindful of this request.
- Please allow your child to speak a majority of the time, as this is a showcase of their work and progress.
- Celebrate success with your student and set goals in the areas of concern. You are part of their support system.
- Have fun with this special time!
We will have a video and books set out in the library for you in-between conferences.
Thank you for taking time to discuss your child’s academics with them. They are looking forward to it! We are so excited to see you Tuesday, February 25 from 5-7 p.m. A note will be going home in your child’s folder to sign up for a time.
The Advisory Committee