What are student-led conferences?
Student-led conferences are conferences that are prepared and presented by the student.
Why should I do student-led conferences?
1. Increase parent attendance at conference
2. Student-led conferences may be conducted by having three to four families in the room at one time, so it requires less time on the teacher
3. Students take the responsibility for reporting what they are learning
4. Students become more actively involved in the process of learning
5. Student-led conferences promote relevance and help students understand the important concepts they are learning
How do I implement student-led conferences?
Student-led conferences can be portfolio style where students and the teacher pick sample work for students to present to their parents. Student-led conferences can also be grade related where students inform their parents of their grades.