The Northside Suburban All-Stars recently captured the Senior League Softball World Series title with a 17-0 record.
The following individuals have been recognized at an NISD Board of Trustees meeting for state and national achievements
Member volunteers of the 2009-10 School Boundary Advisory Committee (SBAC) were formally recognized by the Board for their accomplishments and were presented with certificates of recognition.
The Board of Trustees recognized outgoing members of the Northside Educational Improvement Council (NEIC), which includes 19 parents, community members, and business representatives appointed by Board members.
Daniel Leija, a fifth grade teacher at Esparza ES, has been chosen as a finalist in the Texas Teacher of the Year program.
Kent Page, a fifth grade teacher at Carnahan ES known for his hands-on lessons with students, has been named a finalist for the prestigious Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (PAEMST) program.
Both the 2009-2010 Stevens yearbook, Tradition, and the school newspaper, The Talon, have received the All American rating from the National Scholastic Press Association.
- Middle and High School Science Bowl Winners
- Texas Junior Academy of Science Winners
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Winners
- Exxon-Mobile Texas Science and Engineering Fair Winners
- Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) Winners
- International Sustainable World (Energy, Engineering, Environment) Project (I-SWEEEP) Olympiad Winners
- Title I Part A Distinguished School Performance Awards
- Texas State Development Council Leadership Awards
- O'Connor and Clark HS Academic Decathlon State Qualifiers
- JA Banks in Action National Qualifiers
- Duke University Talent Search Program Grand Level Winners
- NISD High School Bowling Club State Winners
- Water Polo, Swimming and Diving State Qualifiers
- Track and Field State Qualifiers and Winners