Lewis and Clark Websearch
by Pam Albrecht, CIT and
Luli Nuncio, 3rd Grade Teacher
PART 1: Mapping the Expedition
Part 2: Do the Research
Using the following site and graphic organizer, find out information on the major places on the Lewis and Clark expedition:
Part 3: Communicate What You Learned
1. On the map on your powerpoint file, put the first place on the trail on the correct position on the map by putting a "scroll icon" from the drawing toolbar (autoshapes.) Click on the scroll and then click on the textbox tool. This will put a textbox inside the scroll. Type in the name of the place.
2. Change the color to red and bold.
3. Link the place with the corresponding slide by highlighting the place name and clicking on the "Insert Hyperlink" icon . On the left side of the linking window, make sure that the "place in this document" button is chosen. This will show all the slides in the powerpoint. Choose the corresponding slide.
4. Be sure
to put a "Back" action button on each of the slides so that
the view will be able to get back to the title page.
5. Check, check, check the buttons and links.
6. Go to each "Place" slide and enter the information you have found for that place. Add appropriate clipart and music from the clipart folder in the Lewis and Clark folder in the TIP Template folder on the G drive.
7. Be sure to fill out the slide entitled," What the Expedition means to me...."
8. When done, be sure to copy and paste the appropriate resources (below) that you used onto the final credits page.