Classroom Components for Rainbows
The following activities are a menu with very “in general” suggestions of what learning style or intelligence might be touched.
· Schwartz, Betty Ann. What Makes a Rainbow?
· Walsh, Ellen Stoll. Mouse Paint
· Freeman, Don. A Rainbow of My Own.
· Cole, Joanna. The Magic School Bus Makes a Rainbow.
· Mayer, Mercer. Bubble, Bubble.
· Prism, the Rainbow Pony (from Science Curriculum.)
Whole group activities-(ST)( Could use
any of the intelligences, please list):
2. Rainbow Peephole Exploration ((Vis, Bodily Kins, Naturalist)
3. Make a Rainbow- (Vis/Spac, Bodily Kins. Naturalist) w/ data sheet (attached)
4. A Floating Rainbow. (Vis/Spac, Bodily Kins)
5. Use Yarn or pipe cleaners to review colors, order of rainbow, curved, straight. (Vis Spac, Bodily Kins, Naturalist)
6. Mixing colors on overhead (visual Spac,
9. “Student” rainbow using color cards
2. Who stole the colors from the color box? (attached)
3. The Artist Paints Pictures (attached)
More on the next page