Classroom Components for Shadows
· Asch, Frank. Bear Shadow. New York, NY:Simon and Schuster Books for Young Readers, 1984.
· Bulla, Clyde Robert. What Makes a Shadow? New York, NY: Harper Collins Publishers, Inc., 1994.
· Daly, Niki. Papa Lucky’s Shadow. New York, NY: Aladdin Paperbacks, 1999.
· Freeman, Don. Gregory’s Shadow. New York, NY: Puffin Books, 2000.
· Gibbons, Gail. Sun up, Sun down. Orlando, Fla: Scholastic, Inc., 1983.
· Swinburne, Stephen R. Guess Whose Shadow. Hong Kong: Boyds Mill Press, 1999.
· Stevenson, Robert Louis. My Shadow (video) USA: GPN Nebraska ETV Network. 1994.
Whole group activities-(ST)( Could use any of the intelligences, please list):
· Yes/no graph "Will the groundhog see his shadow?"
· In pairs, play a concentration game that matches the shadow to the object
Whole group Songs(Music)/Movement(Bodily/Kinesthetic):
· “Shadow Song,” (to Skip to my Lou) see attached.
· “See my Shadow,” (To Frere Jacques) see attached.
Journal Activities (Intrapersonal)(NT): How do you think you could shine a light on you where no shadow could be seen?
Art(Visual Spatial)- Using the overhead, position student in front of light shining on wall.