|Classroom Components for Farms|
1. Bradby, Marie. Once Upon a Farm. New York, NY: Orchard Books, 2002.
2. Francis, Sandy. At the Farm. San Juan Capistrano, CA: The Child’s World, 2000.
3. Garelli, Cristina. Farm Friends Cleanup. New York: Crown Publishers, 2000.
4. Gibbons, Gail. Farming. New York, NY.: Holiday House, 1988.
5. Hansen, Ann Larkin. Seasons on the Farm. Edina, Minn: Abdo & Daughters, 1996.
6. Hansen, Ann Larkin. All Kinds of Farms. Edina, Minn: Abdo & Daughters, 1996.
7. Kallen, Stuart A. The Farm. Edina, Minn: Abdo & Daughters, 1997.
8. Kehow, Stasia Ward. I Live on a Farm. New York, NY: PowerPress Kids, 2000.
9. Tafuri, Nanci. This is the Farmer. New York, NY: William Morrow & Co, 1994.
1. Bill Nye the Science Guy- Farming. Disney Educational Productions, year.
2. Baby Animals on the Farm. Dir. Charlotte Scott. Atlas Adventure Productions, 1998.
3. Agriculture for Children-From Farm to Table. Eduvideo Productions, 2001.
4. Down on the Farm: Yesterday and Today. Rainbow Educational Videos, 1987.
Whole group activities-(ST)( Could use any of the intelligences, please list):
Whole group Songs(Music)/Movement(Bodily/Kinesthetic):
Songs– The Farmer in the Dell, Baby Animals (attached.)
Journal Activities (Intrapersonal)(NT):
1. What would you like to do on a farm?
2. If you could be a farm animal, what would you be and do as that animal?
Center Activities (Interpersonal)(SF):
“Housekeeping”(Kinesthetic)- Make a “roadside” vegetable stand. Have students sell/buy vegetables, farm products from each other.