Too many unread messages?
Many times, users see an important email land in their inbox; but not have time to open it right away. By the time they remember the important email, it has been buried by 2-3 pages of other emails. To fix this, users can use the priority inbox
Setting up Priority Inbox
- From your main Gmail window, click the SETTINGS GEAR, located in the top-right corner.
- Select SETTINGS.
- Select the INBOX tab.
- In the Inbox Type section, select PRIORITY INBOX from the drop-down menu.
- In the Inbox Section section, add sections(such as unread mail) by clicking ADD SECTION.
- In the Inbox Section section, customize the different sections of the inbox by clicking OPTIONS to the right of each section.
- When you are finished, click SAVE CHANGES. You will be taken back to your inbox with the new priority inbox set up.