What is P.A.W.Sitive patrols?
Any Fathers, Mothers, Grandfathers, Grandmothers, Uncles, Aunts and other parental figures who volunteer to spend time at their child’s school.
The two goals of P.A.W.Sitive patrols:
- To provide positive role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
- To provide an extra set of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
What do P.A.W.Sitive patrols do?
- Read to students
- Work on flashcards
- Watch school entrances and exits
- Patrol the halls
- Help in the cafeteria
- Engage positively with the students
Parent Involvement is IMPORTANT!
- Signing up is easy.
- Fill out the BACKGROUND CHECK. (yearly)
- Know a day you are free to volunteer. Please email one of us, be sure to include name and phone number.
- Don’t know when you will be available. Email is the best way to stay in touch. Laura.Aguilar@nisd.net or Danica.Lubbers@nisd.net
- We love seeing you here at Driggers!