Congratulations to your 2020 John M. Harlan High School graduate! We’re pleased that you have opted to participate in the NISD on-campus graduation recognition and look forward to awarding your graduate his/her diploma and helping you capture this important milestone with traditional graduation photos taken by a professional photographer on our campus. This email contains your graduate’s assigned recognition time and important details that all participants must adhere to in order to ensure the health and safety of our graduates and families.
Guidelines for Participation:
- Each graduate and up to four guests may participate as a total family unit of five. This is the maximum group size allowed by TEA guidelines for this type of event. All members of the group must arrive and check-in together to be able to participate. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accommodate guests who try to check-in separately.
- Because we must maintain a tight schedule and are limited to the number of people who can be inside the building at once, it is imperative that you arrive at your assigned appointment time. Also, please plan to arrive no more than five minutes before your assigned check-in time to avoid anyone waiting outside in the heat.
- Graduates will attend in caps and gowns or wear “awards ceremony” attire. Cords and stoles recognizing personal achievements from outside organizations may be worn, but graduates are not permitted to decorate their caps.
- All attendees will be pre-screened by a trained NISD medical professional. The screening will include a brief health questionnaire and temperature check. If anyone in the group does not pass the health screening, the entire group including the graduate will have to leave and be rescheduled. We encourage you to review the screening questions prior to coming to campus (Health Screening Questions are attached).
- Social distancing guidelines including the wearing of masks will be required for all graduates, guests, and school personnel. Seniors will be allowed to remove their masks for photo opportunities.
- We will escort graduates and their guests from station to station to maintain social distancing from other families. There may be times when groups will have to wait for an area to clear. Participants should be prepared to stand for prolonged periods; we encourage you to bring your own bottled water.
- Professional photographers will take three photos of each graduate (diploma, tassel change, and cap toss) and each graduate will receive a complimentary copy at a later date. Information will be provided about purchasing additional professional photos, and guests may take their own photo at each area as well.
- Guests may personally videotape the photo opportunities to share with family and friends. The District will not be providing a livestream or video recording of the recognition.
- Upon receiving their diploma and having photos taken at each station, graduates and their families must exit the campus. Unfortunately, other areas of the campus will remain closed, and we will be unable to accommodate posing for personal photos of the graduate or family group on campus. Please make sure to take these photos prior to coming to campus as any NHS stoles belonging to the campus will be collected as you leave campus.
- Please park in the faculty lot located in front of the Auditorium.
- Please enter the celebration at the front entrance of the school.
- Health and safety guidelines discourage the use of water fountains and restrooms. Please plan accordingly.
- In order to receive their diploma at this event, graduates must have completed all credits for graduation, be certified as graduates, and be in good standing having turned in all NISD property including textbooks, technology and have cleared all fines and fees.
We have a very tight schedule and will not be able to accommodate changes to the assignments. If you have questions or concerns, please contact us by email at email@example.com. Please include a contact number with your email.
Again, congratulations to your John M. Harlan High School graduate on this wonderful achievement. We look forward to seeing you soon.
John M. Harlan High School
Email for this event only: firstname.lastname@example.org