Important Notice for All Students
In the past, seniors have been able to be exempt from final exams if they met specific criteria. On February 23, 2021, the NISD School Board approved final exam exemptions for ALL students if they meet the following criteria:
- Between March 1 and June 3rd, students must have 3 or fewer absences.
- The student must have a 70 for the spring.
- The student must have passed the first semester of the course.
- The student's conduct must be 'satisfactory' or better.
- For attendance purposes, the student must engage in the class during the time of the exam.
This exemption policy will be administered on a course-by-course basis; thus, a student may be exempt from each course in which he/she meets the criteria.
***The following courses may require the students to take the final exam: Dual Credit courses, On Ramps courses, English 4 College Prep (portfolio). Students should check with their teacher.