2022-2023 Spring Final Exam Exemption Notice
The NISD School Board approved final exam exemptions for students grades 6th-12th in courses earning high school credit if they meet the following criteria:
- The student must have 3 or fewer absences for the second semester, excluding school business absences in the exempted course. This criteria begins Tuesday, March 1, 2022.
- If the course is a full-year course, the student must have passed the first semester.
- The student's final average for the spring semester is 80 or higher.
- The student's conduct grade in that class is "S" or better.
- The student must attend during the scheduled exam time.
Students will lose their exam exemption status if they do not attend the scheduled exam period. Students who are absent for their exam will receive a grade of 11 for the exam. Exams cannot be scheduled early.
This exemption policy will be administered on a course-by-course basis; thus, a student may be exempt from each course in which he/she meets the criteria.
***The following courses require the students to take the final exam: Dual Credit courses, On Ramps courses, English 4 College Prep (portfolio). Students should check with their teacher if they have questions.