Documents Required for Registration
Documents may be uploaded directly into the online registration system or brought to the school so that copies can be made.
- Child's Social Security Card (optional)
- An original certified copy of the child's birth certificate
- An up-to-date immunization record
- Proof of residency:
Unlock your child’s full potential by enrolling in NISD’s high-quality full-day PreK program.
NISD teachers and campuses are anxious to welcome new Pre-K students for the 2022-2023 school year. Schools are open and there is a seat for every Pre-K child who qualifies. Registration begins April 4.
“We are excited to welcome our new Pre-K students and want to ensure our parents that they will be nurtured in safe and inviting classrooms by teachers who inspire discovery and a love of learning,” says Dr. Brian Woods, NISD Superintendent.
NISD continues to expand Full Day Pre-Kindergarten campuses. Click here for a list of campuses.
Why consider Pre-K?
Pre-Kindergarten programs lay the foundation for your child’s future. Northside’s Pre-Kindergarten Program is committed to providing high-quality early childhood learning experiences in a nurturing and inclusive environment. Teachers work to ensure all early learners feel loved, respected, and encouraged to grow to their fullest potential.
Pre-K programs include:
- Certified teachers with a college degree in every classroom who are specialized in early childhood education,
- Specialized programming including bilingual, ESL, and Special Education,
- Social and emotional learning and early literary and math skills, and
- Play-based curriculum that prepares children to succeed in Kindergarten and beyond.
How to qualify
To qualify for free Pre-Kindergarten, a child must be four-years-old on or before Sept. 1. They also must be one of the following: educationally disadvantaged (income eligible), limited English speaker, homeless, currently or previously under the care of DFPS/Foster Care, a child of an active duty member of the U.S. Armed Forces, the child of a family member that was killed or injured during active military duty, or the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas award.
Visit your neighborhood campus
Campuses are excited to meet their new Pre-K students and families. Many have special events planned including school tours and fun activities.
Below is a list of a round up of activities per campus.
Pre-registration for those who qualify for free Pre-Kindergarten is currently ongoing. If you feel you qualify, click here to register for the 2022-2023 school year.
If you are a returning student, Northside needs to verify your current information each year.
- Log into Home Access Center (HAC).
- Once in HAC, click the "Registration" button.
- Select the "Update Enrollment" tab and next to the "Returning Student Registration" form select "Start."
- Enter the information requested by the online forms.
- On the "Review & Submit" screen, click "Submit." NOTE: Once the form is submitted, changes can no longer be made. To make changes please contact the student’s campus.
Step-by-step instructions on how to update enrollment for returning students are available.
Returning students can verify their information for the 2022-2023 school year March 21 through June 2, 2022.
- Click "Register New Student" button below.
- Enter the information requested by the online forms. Note: Required fields are marked as "Required", and Northside Independent School District will receive the data exactly as it is entered. Please be careful of spelling, capitalization, and punctuation.
- On the "Summary" page, check your data before submitting.
- Click "Submit" On the submission confirmation page you will have the opportunity to print out a copy of your registration to keep for your records. Note: Once the form is electronically submitted, you will receive an e-mail confirmation.
Step-by-step instructions on how to register are available.