Since returning to school in January, the new year has flown by so quickly. It’s hard to believe that Spring Break is only one week away!
We begin March with Read Across America Week and Texas Public Schools’ Week including student-led conferences for K-5 students. The purpose of the student-led conference is for your child to share with you how he/she is performing at school both academically and behaviorally. Classroom teachers will be present to monitor the students and provide assistance. This is not, however, a time for the teacher to conference with the parent. We hope you will be able to attend this conference with your child.
As you know, school children across Texas will soon take the state-mandated STAAR test (State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness). On Tuesday, April 7th fourth grade will take the writing test while fifth grade students take the math STAAR test. On Wednesday, April 8th fifth grade takes the reading STAAR test. Passing the reading & math STAAR test is a 5th grade promotion standard. All STAAR tests start promptly at 8:00. Therefore, it is crucial that students arrive at school well before the tardy bell rings at 7:45. In addition, please do not schedule any doctor/dentist appointments on these days. The remaining STAAR tests involving 3rd, 4th and 5th grades will be administered the week of May 11-15.
Lastly, please remember to register your child for the 2020-2021 school year if you have not done so. Delaying this process means your child will not be put on a class roster this summer; therefore jeopardizing a spot at Krueger. It could also impact our staffing allocations if our registration numbers appear to be declining.
Points of Interest
· Join us for K-5 student-led conferences the week of March 2-6.
· Be sure to check out the calendar on back to see what to wear each day of Read Across America Week.
· Field Day is March 6th
· Spring Break is March 9-13
· PTA Meeting/Reflections is March 17th at 6:00.
· Book Fair is March 23-27
· STEM Night is March 26
· March 31st is our annual Geography Day...students are encouraged to wear a shirt or hat w/a geographical location written on it.
· Thanks again for supporting our Student Council Food Drive. We donated 3,000 pounds of food to the San Antonio Food Bank. Great job!
· Congratulations to Krueger’s Educators of the Year...Mrs. Flores (4th grade collaborative teacher) and Mrs. Thompson (first-year 5th grade teacher)!
· Fiesta Texas Day Passes are being sold in the front office for $41. Please ask for Yvonne.