Welcome to NAHS!
New Student Information & Registration
To register at NAHS, an appointment must be scheduled with the counseling office. Please call (210) 397-7096 and make an appointment to register.
Required Items for Registration
- Proof of withdrawal form from home campus (previous campus enrolled)
- Placement papers from the student’s hearing at Student Advocacy and School Choice
- Proof of Residence such as a copy of a current utility bill or lease
- Parent/Guardian’s drivers license
- A copy of the student’s birth certificate, social security card, and shot record. *This is only required of students who are transferring from another school district or if registering at the beginning of the school year
Forms to Complete Prior to Registration Appointment
We value your time and ask that you complete all of the following forms prior to your registration appointment. This will greatly speed up the enrollment process. Each form must be completed unless otherwise noted and can be accessed from the links below.
- Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Parent and Student Authorization
- Student and Parent Handbook Acknowledgement
- Transportation Request Form
- Transportation Code of Conduct
- NAHS School Rules
- NAHS Cell Phone Policy
- NAHS Dress Code Policy
- Group Counseling Permission Form
What determines a successful day at NAHS?
While at NAHS, it is imperative that students make informed choices regarding their academics, attendance, and behavior so they can be successful.
In general, for a student’s day to be counted as successful a student must be:
- Present (synchronously or asynchronously)
- On task and involved in the learning process
- Exhibit acceptable behavior; including being in compliance with the Student Code of Conduct and NAHS School Rules
If a student makes a choice that results in a discipline referral and is assigned to In School Suspension (ISS) the day may still be counted as successful if the student completes all assigned work while in ISS and behavior is deemed acceptable. If not, the day will then be counted as unsuccessful.
A student must be at NAHS all day or present asynchronously for the day to be considered successful. All absences will need to be made up, regardless of the reason for the absences.
Transportation to and from NAHS is provided by NISD. In order to receive bus transportation, the parent/guardian will need to complete the Transportation Request Form.
If a student does not ride the bus once service has been initiated, then it will be the parent/guardian’s responsibility to call Transportation Services at (210) 397-0871 to have service reinstated. The only exception is if the student has received Out of School Suspension (OSS).