Northside ISD is working to address children’s nutritional needs by opening campus cafeterias during Spring Break, March 8-12.
“When school is out, students will often go hungry,” said Thomas Wherry, director of Child Nutrition in NISD.
To assist with meeting our students’ nutritional needs, NISD will be serving free meals to all children 18 years and under during Spring Break. Children from the area communities are also welcome; you do not have to be enrolled in a NISD school.
Pick up time is from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Participating schools are:
- Carlos Coon Elementary School, 3110 Timber View 78251
- Fisher Elementary School, 3430 Barrel Pass, 78245
- Ward Elementary School, 8400 Cavern Hill, 78254
- Luna Middle School, 200 N. Grosenbacher, 78253
- Pease Middle School, 201 Hunt Lane, 78245
The menu for each day can be viewed on the flyer below.