Northside ISD recognized hundreds of inspiring campus volunteers and business partners who donate their time and energy to enrich the education of thousands of NISD students.
Whether it is teachers who volunteer their free time to their campus long after the work day has ended, a dog and its caretaker who provide unconditional acceptance to students struggling with life’s obstacles, or a scientist who believes so strong in the power of education that he devotes his free time to helping students realize their dreams, these super volunteers enrich the lives of all NISD students.
Schools annually recognize Campus Partners-of-the-Year in four categories: Outstanding Business or Community Organization, Outstanding Mentor or Individual, Outstanding Coordinator, and Outstanding Partnership Program. More than 350 campus winners were recognized at the April 18 Partnerships Recognitions and Awards, held in conjunction with Fine ArtFest, a showcase of student artwork and performances from across the District.
District-wide winners were selected from among the campus winners and were individually recognized at the awards reception by NISD Superintendent Brian Woods and members of the Board of Trustees.
District Partner-of-the-Year winners will now compete at the state level in the Texas Association of Partners in Education (TAPE) awards contest.
Outstanding Business or Community Organization:
- Mosaic Church, Lucas Barrientes (Linton Elementary School)
- Catholic Charities, Archdiocese of San Antonio, Jasmine Wilson (Rudder Middle School)
- San Antonio Symphony, Jeremy Brimhall (Brandeis High School)
- UIW Dreeben School of Education, Dr. David Campos (Northside Alternative Middle School)
Outstanding Mentor or Individual:
- Stephanie Tarango (Valley Hi Elementary School)
- Nicolas Caballero (Zachry Middle School)
- Gregory Fletcher (Jay Science & Engineering Academy)
- Pat Storlie and QT (Northside Alternative Middle School)
Outstanding Coordinator of the Year:
- Veronica Campos-Martinez (Villarreal Elementary School)
- Sandy Vogelman (Connally Middle School)
- Jesus Hernandez (Construction Careers Academy)
Outstanding Partnership Program:
- Helotes Hill United Methodist Church, Pastor Jim Sweet (Ward Elementary School)
- Catholic Charities, Elizabeth Ortiz (Rudder Middle School)
- Helotes Garden Club, Cara Mika (O’Connor High School)
- Locke Hill Student Alumni Group, Elaine DeMunbrun and Phyllis McMillan (Northside Alternative Middle School)
- Clark High School Mentoring Program, Lindsey Lopez
- Dr. Kevin Breitchman (Hobby Middle School)
- CPS Energy (Business Careers High School)
Businesses interested in partnerships with Northside ISD can visit the Partnerships Coordinator on a campus nearby, call the NISD Partnerships Office at 397-8599, or visit the Partnerships website.