On Tuesday, Jan. 26, only 10th-grade students will be allowed on high school campuses to take advantage of a free College Board assessment, the PSAT/NMSQT, being offered to enrolled NISD students this school year.
Registration is required, and only students who indicate on the Participation Form that they will participate in the designated test will be allowed on campus and to test on scheduled testing dates. All students in the designated grade level need to complete a Participation Form to indicate if they will or will not test on campus on their particular date. Virtual learners in the designated testing grade who submit a Participation Form indicating they will test will need to come on campus since College Board does not offer an option for testing at home.
Students who choose not to participate and those in a grade level not testing will be expected to engage in virtual learning from home on January 26.
|Test||Who||When||Participation Form Window|
|PSAT/NMSQT||10th graders only||8:30 a.m., Jan. 26, 2021||Jan. 6-Jan. 18|
|SAT without essay||11th graders only||8:30 a.m. April 27, 2021||TBA|
Students choosing to participate must:
- submit a completed Participation Form within the registration window indicating that they will test if a 10th grader.
- have a photo ID on the testing day such as school photo ID, driver’s license, passport, or military ID.
- follow campus safety procedures on testing day.
- bring #2 pencils and a calculator on testing day. (These will be provided if needed.)
- wear a mask and social distance 6-feet from others.
Students not participating must:
- submit a completed Participation Form within the registration window indicating they will not test if a 10th grader.
- attend school virtually from home on the testing date.
Safety protocols will be in place at each campus as described in the Campus Playbook located on the school website. Transportation will be provided for those currently eligible for bus services. Students/parents must indicate bus and meal needs on the Participation Form.
Information on the College Board testing program: www.collegeboard.org
Information and practice for the SAT: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/practice
Information and practice for the PSAT: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt-psat-10/practice
Student Guide to SAT: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/pdf/sat-student-guide.pdf
Student Guide to PSAT/NMSQT: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/pdf/psat-nmsqt-student-guide.pdf
Please contact your campus for additional information.