Student transfer applications open for 2018-2019 school year

Northside ISD offers several transfer options for those that meet eligibility criteria and applications are now open for the 2018-2019 school year. These options afford students, and parents, flexibility and choices for individualized learning opportunities.

These choices include – program transfers, parental choice transfers, and child of employee transfers.

Program transfers:

Program transfers are available at the high school level for incoming 9th graders only and involve Career and Technical Education courses that include job-specific training. If the program is not offered at a 9th grader’s home campus, a program transfer request may be submitted. Examples of program transfers include cosmetology, law enforcement, and cybersecurity. A full list of program transfer options is available on the Pupil Personnel website.

Parental Choice transfer:

Parental choice transfers are subject to available space and projected enrollment, but generally provide parents option to switch their child from one District campus to another. Parents/guardians can submit applications electronically or visit the Pupil Personnel Department located at 5900 Evers Road, Building D. Transportation for parental choice transfers is the responsibility of the family.

Requests received by March 31 will receive priority consideration and shall by ordered by lottery. The Pupil Personnel website has a list of schools and whether they are open or closed to transfers in the 2018-2019 school year. Applications will be accepted until Aug. 24.

Child of Employee transfer:

Transfers are also available for children of campus and non-campus based Northside employees. The employee need not be a Northside resident. Requests can be submitted electronically. Details are available on the Employee Connection intranet website.  Employees without computer access, can visit the Pupil Personnel Department for assistance.

Administrative transfers are initiated by the home campus Principal or Senior Administration only and are for reasons that include discipline, bullying, or extraordinary circumstances. All other types of transfer are processed by the Pupil Personnel Department.

For more information, available in English and Spanish, visit the Pupil Personnel Student Transfer website or call 210-397-8695.