What: Students earning more $18 million in scholarships to walk stage tonight
When: Thursday, June 7 at 7 p.m.
Where: Northside Sports Gym @ Farris Athletic Complex, 8400 N. Loop 1604 W
Who: 190 Health Careers High School graduates
Almost 200 Health Careers High School students will walk the stage tonight in the first of 11 commencements for Northside ISD, and many of the graduates are well on their way to a career in the medical field.
This graduating class includes:
- 2 National Merit Scholars and 13 National Hispanic Scholar Finalists
- 4 students who have received early acceptance into medical school or other medical programs,
- 1 student who will be a medical student at an international medical school,
- 1 student who has gone to the 6A State Swim finals for the past two years and will swim for the Air Force Academy,
- 1 student who is a member of the United States Acrobatic Gymnastic Team and will attend college on a gymnastic scholarship.
Many of them have already earned medical industry certifications that give the students the opportunity to have part-time jobs in the medical field while attending college. In this group are:
- 22 Registered Dental Assistants
- 34 Certified Sterile Processing and Distributions Technicians
- 50 Pharmacy Technicians
- 21 Phlebotomy Technicians
- 70 Certified Clinical Medical Assistants
Combined, the students have received $18.1 million in scholarship offerings.
On site contact: Monica Faulkenbery, 210-846-4584 (cell).