DRESS FOR SUCCESS
- 6th grade wears Hunter Green collared shirts or Hunter Green Spirit Shirts
- 7th grade wears Black collared shirts or Black Spirit Shirts
- 8th grade wears Yellow collared shirts or Yellow Spirit Shirts
In order to promote a safe and positive school environment, Northside ISD has approved a mandatory uniform policy for ALL students at Sul Ross Middle School. The student’s uniform must fit properly and should not display any profanity, obscenity, gang graffiti, or logos of any kind. A student will not be permitted to attend class if his/her uniform is out of compliance with the Sul Ross uniform policy. If you have any questions regarding the uniform please contact a campus administrator. The campus administrator will make the final decision on any questionable garment.
ALL OTHER NISD DRESS CODE POLICIES WILL BE ENFORCED IN ADDITION TO THE CAMPUS STANDARDS OUTLINED BELOW.
The following guidelines apply to all students regarding dress code:
- The campus requires solid khaki pants or skirts (with no holes) for all students. Shorts, sweat pants, or leggings are NOT allowed.
- Skirts may be pleated, full or long; however, tight-fitting skirts are not permitted. No skirt should be any higher than FOUR (4) inches above the middle of the kneecap (measured with the student standing). No inappropriate slits in skirts allowed.
- Shirt may be long or short sleeve polo-style with a collar or a School-sponsored spirit shirt.
- Shirts must be long enough to remain tucked in at all times when a student is on the Sul Ross campus.
- Undershirts can be worn under polo and must be black, white, gray, green or gold (school colors) with no visible markings.
- Jackets may be worn in addition to the uniforms as long as the shirt is visible. Zippers must be half-way down and no pullovers or hoodies are allowed.
- Hats and hoods may not be worn inside the building.
- Shoes must not have steel toes or cleats.