The program where failure is not an option - it's a necessity! STEAM Team is tuition-based after-school science enrichment program for 3rd grade students.
Students will build engineering skills as they work in small groups to design, test, redesign, retest, and eventually create a working Rube Goldberg machine that performs a simple task. Students will apply science knowledge, creativity, and grit to work through each challenge.
- Runs 8-10 weeks, based on campus need
- Engineer design program where students create Rube Goldberg machines
- Each machine has a goal and parameters (i.e. pop a balloon in 5 steps)
- Students use a combination of simple machines: pulley, wheel and axle, lever, inclined plane
- Optional: recording and editing of working Rube Goldberg machines