Free / Reduced Lunch
Free & Reduced Meal applications are available online at https://www.schoolcafe.com/, at the Free & Reduced Office at 7520 Mainland Road 78250, at every school cafeteria, on this website at the bottom of this page or by calling (210) 397-4517. The Free & Reduced Office hours are Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Households interested in the meal program must apply for the program every school year. Reapplication must occur within 30 days of the first day of school. If you do not have a current application on file, meal benefits from the previous school year will expire on the 31st day after the first day of school, which means that students will be charged full price for school meals after October 7, 2019.
Meal benefits from last school year will expire on October 7, 2019 if there is not a current 2019-2020 meal application on file at the Free and Reduced Office.
ATTENCION: Para obtener comidas gratis o a precios reducidos para sus hijos, usted debe llenar una solicitud y enviarla a Child Nutrition, 7520 Mainland Dr., San Antonio, TX 78250. Para ayuda en llenarla haga el favor de llamar a la oficina de servicio 210.397.4517.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get free or reduced price school meals for my children?
You must complete an Application for Free and Reduced Price Meals and return it to the school or to the Child Nutrition Free and Reduced office at 7520 Mainland, San Antonio, Texas 78250.
- You must complete an Application for Free and Reduced Price Meals and return it to the school or to the Child Nutrition Free and Reduced office at 7520 Mainland, San Antonio, Texas 78250, or online at https://www.schoolcafe.com/.
- Households with foster children. You must include all the children's names in the household on one application and an adult must sign the form.
- Households getting SNAP (food stamps) or TANF. You only have to include all the children's names and an eligibility group number, and an adult household member must sign the form.
- Households with homeless, migrant, or runaway children. You only have to include the children's names and an adult household member must sign the form. Contact the administrative office at (210) 397-0530.
- Households that do not get SNAP (food stamps) or TANF and may or may not have some foster children. If you do not have an eligibility group number, you must include all the children’s names and the names of all household members. Include the amount of income each person received last month. An adult household member must sign the form and include his or her last four digits of their social security number, or indicate that he or she has no social security number.
Will the form be verified?
Your eligibility may be checked at any time during the school year. School officials may ask you to send written evidence that shows that your children should get free or reduced price school meals.
Will information on my form be kept confidential?
We will use the information on your form to decide if your children should get free or reduced price meals. We may inform officials with other child nutrition, health and educational programs of the information on your form to determine benefits for those programs or for funding and/or evaluation purposes.
Can I apply for free and reduced price meals later?
You may apply for free and reduced price meals at any time during the school year. If you are not eligible now but have a change, like a decrease in household income, an increase in household size, become unemployed or get food stamps or TANF, complete another application at that time.