The uniform for 2021-2022 school year is mandatory in grades 2-5, and optional in grades PK-1.
- Face Masks are mandatory for all grade levels.
- Shoes should be appropriate for study, play, and P.E. No footwear with reinforced hard toes is allowed. No platform shoes or heels higher than 1” may be worn. No flip flop shoes are allowed. Please make sure your child brings or wears tennis shoes on P.E. days.
- Hats and Headwear may not be worn in the school buildings.
- Hair must be clean, a natural color, and cut in a way so it is not a distraction to the school environment. Unconventional haircuts, like Mohawks and shapes shaved into students’ hair, are not allowed at school. Hair color and highlights must be a natural hair color.
- Earrings - Girls are allowed to wear earrings if they are small and do not dangle. Boys may wear only one earring total. No gages in the ears may be worn.
- Waist on pants, skirts, and shorts may not sag below the waistline. Shorts and skirts must be at fingertip length.
- Aromas - Children should be clean and free of perfume or cologne.
Grades PK-1 Optional Uniform Dress
- Shirts & blouses: Shirts, blouses, and dresses may be sleeveless. Undershirts, halter-tops, exposed backs, and midriffs are not allowed.
- Waist on pants, skirts, and shorts may not sag below the waistline.
- Pants, dresses & skirts: Due to active play, shorts should be worn under a dress or skirt. Oversized pants are not allowed. Pants should not bunch at the ankle or drag and must be hemmed.
Grades 2-5 Mandatory Uniform Dress
- Shirts: The uniform shirts may be knit shirts with a collar (polo shirt style) or navy blue T-shirts with no logos or writing on them. Polo style shirts have a collar and buttons or a short zipper at the neck. The polo shirt may be navy blue, light blue or white. Shirt styles must be a solid color and free of logos. Shirts must be tucked into pants.
- Uniform Pants: Khaki or navy blue uniform pants or jeans may be worn. Uniform pants and shorts are plain with no extra pockets, zippers, and decorations. Jeans should be blue, fit at the waist, and have no fraying, holes, or deliberately worn places on them. Uniform shorts or uniform skorts may be worn, but they should be no more than four inches above the kneecap.
- Uniform Skirts and Jumpers in Khaki and navy blue may be worn, but should be no more than four inches above the kneecap.
Every Monday Is Cha-Ching day and Friday is Spirit Day. Students may wear jeans or appropriate jean shorts with a Valley Hi shirt or they may wear their uniform on Spirit days. On Mondays, students are encouraged to wear their Red Cha-Ching shirts or a Red shirt. Occasional days are designated as dress down days, such as school picture day and special event days. On those days, students may wear the clothing of their choice as long as it follows the NISD dress code. You will be notified about these special days in the monthly newsletter.