Welcome to Northside Independent School District, where we pride ourselves on our outstanding educators and our superior instructional and extracurricular programs.
Northside often is called San Antonio’s “destination district” because the majority of people building new houses in the area choose to make NISD home. The growth is a testament to the quality of the schools in Northside ISD, which is one of the largest and most diverse school districts in the state.
Northside’s enrollment for the 2015-2016 school year is projected to be 104,786, which makes us the fourth largest school district in Texas behind Houston, Dallas, and Cypress-Fairbanks. We remain one of the fastest growing districts in Texas and we are opening one new school for the 2015-2016 school year.
Enrollment continues to increase by about 2,000 students a year, which means we are growing by two to three classrooms every week. Fortunately, construction is almost complete on School Bond 2010 projects and School Bond 2014 was approved by voters in May 2014 and will include five new schools and renovations and additions to numerous existing campuses.
Despite our size and our growth, we still maintain a cohesive, family-friendly atmosphere that places the utmost importance on student success, community involvement, and fiscal responsibility. I welcome you to visit any of our 100-plus campuses, as well as our newest school, Boldt Elementary School.
Whether you’re a parent, a business owner, or a community member, there are a number of ways for you to become connected with the school district, including the Northside Education Foundation, which awards grants to teachers for classroom innovation and is celebrating 20 years of championing education in NISD. Other ways to get involved include the Adopt-A-School program, School-Business-Community Partnerships, and our many mentorship opportunities.
Northside truly is San Antonio’s premier school district and I assure you we will continue to maintain our tradition of academic excellence for every student in Northside.
Brian T. Woods, Ed.D.
The Northside Independent School District is committed to the belief that children come first. The mission of the district is to encourage each student to strive for personal excellence and to ensure all students learn to function, contribute, and compete as responsible individuals in an ever-changing world.
- The well-being and education of children are vital to the future of our society.
- Everyone shares in the responsibility for the education of children.
- Every individual has a contribution to make to society and has a responsibility to do so.
- The quality of our schools directly affects the quality of our community.
- All people can learn.
- Challenge, effort, self-discipline, and opportunity to learn are necessary for students to reach their potential.
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- People are our most important resource.
- Each individual has worth and deserves respect.
- The family unit provides the foundation for all learning.
- Parents have the responsibility and the right to be meaningfully involved with their child’s education.
- The diversity of our cultural heritage enriches life.
- Individuals are responsible for their actions.
- A basic role of an educational system is the intellectual growth and development of the student.
- An educated population is necessary to sustain a democratic society.
- Learning is accomplished through challenging learning experiences provided by superior educators in partnership with parents and the community in a climate of cooperation and mutual respect.
|Athletics||Stan Laing, Executive Director|
|Northside Police||Charlie Carnes, Chief of Police|
|Pupil Personnel||Vicky Sullivan, Director|
|Resource Planning (Boundaries)||Debbie McNierney, Director|
|Transportation||Rafael Salazar, Director|