Activities for Military Children
- H is For Honor - Devin Scillian
- Hero Dad - Melinda Hardin
- Night Catch - Brenda Ehrmantraut
- Love, Lizzy: Letters to a Military Mom - Lisa Tucker McElroy
- When My Dad Comes Home - Guadalupe Espinoz Vela
- The Impossible Patriotism Project - Linda Skeers
Fostering Coping Skills
- Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes - Eric Litwin
- A Good Day - Kevin Henkes
- Who Moved My Cheese? for Kids - Spencer Johnson, MD and Christian Johnson
- Green Eggs and Ham - Dr. Seuss
- A House for Hermit Crab - Eric Carle
- Angry Octopus - Lori Lite
- Wemberly Worried - Kevin Henkes
- The Invisible String - Patrice Karst
- Wherever You Are My Love Will Find You - Nancy Tillman
- I Miss You Every Day - Simms Taback
- Activities for Children with a Deployed Parent (source: Military Family Services Program)
- Comfort Blankets
- Patriotic Mug
- Surprise Calendar
- United Through Reading
- Memory Books
- Holiday Hands
- We've Got Your Back Hoodie
- Spring Gardens and Garden Stones
- Spring Jars
Print the PDFs below for quick and easy patriotic coloring books/sheets for your child.
- Go to http://www.militaryonesource.mil (enter Trevor Romain into the search box, sometimes they have his With You All The Way kits for free– delivered to your home, see picture above).
- http://www.deploymentkids.com - cool things for kids!
- Go to itunes if you have an Apple device; they have two new free apps, one from Sesame Street for Military families, and one from Tutor.com
- http://www.operationhugahero.org - info on Hug-A-Hero Dolls
- Want an uplifting tune for your child about resiliency? Check out Sesame Street: Will.i.am Sings "What I Am"
- We Do Listen Foundation: Enabling children to feel good about themselves. Animated books to help kids learn about their feelings, and good choices.