Teachers and students have been working hard all year and it is now time to show all the great strategies and concepts they have learned.
Below are some great ideas to help support your child during this stressful time of the year.
Tips for Successful STAAR Testing
Use these useful tips to help your child be prepared for the STAAR or any test!!
- Talk with your child about what to expect. Remind them to use all the strategies their teacher has taught them.
- Get plenty of sleep the night before. NO late movies!!
- Eat a healthy breakfast! Minimize sugary foods.
- Surprise them with a special note in their lunch sack.
Just a simple “I love you!” on a sticky can do wonders.
- Support and praise them. Knowing that you are rooting for them can be a confidence boost.
- Celebrate when the testing is completed and celebrate when you get those good scores!