Parents and Guardians: Welcome to the Air Force Junior ROTC (AFJROTC) 793rd Cadet Wing at Tom C. Clark High School
Your daughter and/or son is joining a first-class instructional program with dedicated and experienced instructors who will go the extra mile for each cadet. We will provide a learning environment that is safe, educational, inspiring, fun, and physically challenging.
The mission of AFJROTC is to develop citizens of character dedicated to serving their nation and community. Our core values are: "Integrity First", "Service Before Self", and "Excellence in all we do". Our objectives are to educate and train high school cadets in citizenship, promote community service, instill responsibility, character, self-discipline, and provide instruction in air and space fundamentals.
It is important for everyone to know that AFJROTC is not a military recruiting program, however cadets who are enrolled may choose to join (if qualified) any military service following graduation. Moreover, cadets completing three (3) years of AFJROTC, and who subsequently enlist in the armed forces may be eligible to enlist at a higher pay grade. Please see service specific recruiters for details.
Why Enroll in AFJROTC?
- To appreciate the ethical values and principles that underlie good citizenship.
- To develop leadership potential, while working cooperatively with others.
- To be able to think logically and to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing.
- To appreciate the importance of physical fitness in maintaining good health.
- To understand the importance of high school graduation for a successful future, and learn about college and other advanced educational and employment opportunities.
- To develop mental management abilities.
- To compete for summer scholarship programs (CSAF Flight Program)
- To further your chances of obtaining a College ROTC scholarship
- To compete at National Level competitions (College resume builder)
Programs offered in the Clark H.S. AFJROTC:
- Community & School Service Hours
- Ceremonial Color Guard
- Fall Newcomer's Dance
- Spring Military Ball
- Veterans Day Activities
- Marksmanship Team
- Academic Team
- Saber Team
- Silver Valor Unarmed Drill Team
- Centurion Guard Armed Drill Team
- Physical Fitness Team
- Orienteering Team
- Raider Challenge Team
- Kitty Hawk Air Society (NHS Equivalent)
- Spirit Squad
- Summer Leadership Training
Contact information: email@example.com