Dates, times, locations, and maps for high school graduations.
DVD and Blu-ray DVD sales have been suspended at this time.
State high school graduation requirements
The Foundation High School Program with Endorsements is a flexible gradation program that allows students to explore their interests. It was established by the Texas Legislature for students entering high school in the 2014/2015 academic year or later.
The Program is comprised of four parts:
- A 22-credit foundation plan
- 5 Endorsement options that allow students to focus on a related series of courses
- A higher performance category called Distinguished Level of Achievement
- Performance Acknowledgements that recognize outstanding achievement in specific areas
All students entering the 9th grade will select an endorsement. More detailed information is available from the Texas Education Agency.
Northside graduation requirements
The Texas Education Agency requires minimum graduation requirements, and permits local education agencies to add to them. Graduation for NISD students are as outlined below:
English Language Arts
Languages other than English
Diplomas for Certain Individuals Who Entered Grade 9 Before 2011-2012 School Year
The Texas Legislature passed Texas Administrative Code §74.1027 which allows students to earn a high school diploma who previously did not pass the Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS), but met all other graduation criterion.
Below are the required criteria that must all be met to be considered:
- entered grade 9 before the 2011-2012 school year;
- successfully completed the district and state curriculum requirements applicable to the student when the individual entered grade 9;
- has not performance satisfactorily on an assessment instrument required for graduation (TAKS);
- has been administered the TAKS exit-level subject-area assessment at least three times; and
- meets the alternative requirements for graduation below.
One or more of the requirements below can count in place of passing the subject area exit-level TAKS test:
- has met the performance standard on an alternate assessment listed in §101.4003;
- has performed satisfactorily on the applicable subject-area test of a state-approved high school equivalency examination;
- provides evidence of attainment of an industry-recognized postsecondary license or certificate that is included on the Texas Education Agency-approved list of licensures and certifications;
- provides evidence of current active duty service in the armed forces or a DD Form 214 indicating honorable or general discharge from the armed services; or
- has successfully completed college-level coursework.
If Northside Independent School District was the last school district you attended and you meet the above criteria and would like a district-level committee to consider you for qualifying for a Northside ISD high school diploma you should:
- Fill out an online transcript request form on the NISD Transcripts website
- Click on "Continue to Transcript Ordering Form"
- Use the "CLICK HERE if you are a FORMER STUDENT" option
- When filling out the request form, place the following in the Special Instructions field: "For TAC 74.1027 review"