All Northside ISD students, whether new or returning, register online by clicking the appropriate link below.
Los estudiantes nuevos en Northside ISD ahora pueden inscribirse en línea usando el registro de NISD Powerschool. Puede inscribir a su hijo en el año escolar actual o, si planea comenzar en Northside en agosto, puede inscribirlo previamente haciendo clic en los enlaces "proximo año escolar".
Acceptance to any of NISD's six magnet high schools or one magnet middle school is by application only.
In accordance with NISD Board Policy, Northside ISD generally does not accept the enrollment of students who do not reside in the district; however, there are a few exceptions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What documents do I need to register my child?
To register your child in school you will need:
- Child's Social Security Card (optional)
- An original certified copy of the child's birth certificate
- An up-to-date immunization record
- Proof of residency:
Where does my child go to school?
All school attendance boundaries are approved by the School Board. To see what school your address is assigned to, and for bus transportation information, go to the Boundaries and Buses page.
When / How / Where do I register?
- Registration for returning high school, middle school, and elementary school students is done online in the Spring preceding the start of the new school year.
- New-to-Northside elementary school students should register online and call their neighborhood school for specific questions. School offices reopen on July 22.
- New-to-Northside middle school students should register online and call the campus regarding dates for course selection. School offices reopen July 22.
- New-to-Northside high school students should register online and call their school's counseling office for registration appointments in June and July.
- New-to-Northside high school students should not plan to register on Prep Days as counselors will be assisting returning high school students. Ongoing registration will occur at the high schools by appointment. Contact your high school for additional information.
How do I get a copy of the school calendar?
You can download and print the school calendar here.
Does my address qualify for bus transportation?
Information on which school bus to ride, pickup times and locations can be obtained from your child's school after August 1. In addition, information on bus routes is available from the Boundaries and Buses page.
Does my school offer after school care?
All Elementary Schools and some Middle Schools in Northside offers the Learning Tree After-School Enrichment program.
I am moving to San Antonio and have bought a house but have not moved in yet. How do I register my child without a current energy, water, cable or phone bill to show proof of residency?
If you have a binding contract on a home with a closing or move-in date before the start of the school year, you would simply need to show the contract once you assume residency in order to complete registration, along with a few other required documents (ie: immunization records, etc.)
If you should have a contract with a closing date after the start of the school year, an Anticipated Move Contract must be processed at the Department of Pupil Personnel. The purpose of the Northside ISD Anticipated Move procedure is to avoid multiple changes of a student's school assignment during a school year. An Anticipated Move Contract permits a family to enroll a child at the school (or the cluster campus, if applicable) in the attendance area in which the family will be moving during the course of the school year. (Please note that the actual move-in date must be during the course of the school year. The student may be ineligible for participation in UIL activities until residency has been established.) The following items will be required:
- Lease contract, signed by all parties OR a current and active proof of residency in the form of a utility bill (water, electric or cable) of the family's address - which must be under the parent's name – for the current residence
- A valid sales or lease contract, signed by all parties for the new home
- A document showing a closing or occupancy date on or after the first day of school for the new home
- Birth certificate and social security card for all affected children
I am moving out of a school's attendance area, can my child continue attending?
A student who moves out of a school’s attendance area during a school year may request permission to remain at the school for the duration of the school year by submitting an Application for Continued Enrollment to the campus principal. In order to be considered for approval, an Application for Continued Enrollment may be submitted prior to the move but must be submitted no more than 10 days after the move. An Application submitted more than 10 days after the move may be denied due to untimeliness of the request. This can also be submitted for graduating seniors.
Who can register/transfer a student's enrollment?
As a requirement of law, only a biological parent, court-appointed legal guardian, or other person with legal control of the child shall enroll a student into a public school district. If a person wishing to enroll a child and the person is not the parent of the child, the person will be required to obtain an NISD Power of Attorney (POA) document from the Department of Pupil Personnel at (210) 397-8695, which allows the parent to extend their parental rights (to include care, custody and control of the student) to a guardian for purposes of educational, health care, and general welfare. Note that during the summer and through the first six-weeks of the school year, because of increased volume, POAs are by appointment only.
Can a child be schooled at home?
A parent may choose to home school their children. If home school is decided upon by the family, then the home campus must be provided a letter including:
- Student name and date of birth
- Parent name and signature
- Date that home schooling began (the letter cannot reflect the intent to home school)