Student Registration

Students with a science project

► Register students new to NISD

Registration for current 2021-2022 school year

Registration for the 21-22 school year is currently available for new students in all grades: Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade.

Registration for next 2022-2023 school year

Registration for the 2022-2023 school year will be available for new students in September 2022.

► Returning student registration

Yearly data verification


Data verification for returning students is performed by a parent or guardian each fall using Home Access Center (HAC).

Magnet schools


Acceptance to any of NISD's seven magnet high schools or two magnet middle school is by application only. (Applications are typically accepted in late fall and winter.)

School Choice


In accordance with NISD Board Policy, Northside ISD generally does not accept the enrollment of students who do not reside in the district; however, there are a few exceptions.

Frequently Asked Questions

To register your child in school you will need:

All school attendance boundaries are approved by the School Board. To see what school your address is assigned to, and for bus transportation information, go to the Boundaries and Buses page.

  • Registration for returning high school, middle school, and elementary school students is done online in the Spring preceding the start of the new school year.
  • New-to-Northside elementary school students should register online and call their neighborhood school for specific questions.
  • New-to-Northside middle school students should register online and call the campus regarding dates for course selection.
  • New-to-Northside high school students should register online and call their school's counseling office for registration appointments in June and July.
  • New-to-Northside high school students should not plan to register on Prep Days as counselors will be assisting returning high school students. Ongoing registration will occur at the high schools by appointment. Contact your high school for additional information.

You can download and print the school calendar here.

Information on which school bus to ride, pickup times and locations can be obtained from your child's school after August 1. In addition, information on bus routes is available from the Boundaries and Buses page.

All Elementary Schools and some Middle Schools in Northside offers the Learning Tree After-School Enrichment program.

If you have a binding contract on a home with a closing or move-in date before the start of the school year, you would simply need to show the contract once you assume residency in order to complete registration, along with a few other required documents (ie: immunization records, etc.)

If you should have a contract with a closing date after the start of the school year, an Anticipated Move Contract must be processed at the Office of Student Advocacy and School Choice (SASC). The purpose of the Northside ISD Anticipated Move procedure is to avoid multiple changes of a student's school assignment during a school year. An Anticipated Move Contract permits a family to enroll a child at the school (or the cluster campus, if applicable) in the attendance area in which the family will be moving during the course of the school year. (Please note that the actual move-in date must be during the course of the school year. The student may be ineligible for participation in UIL activities until residency has been established.) The following items will be required:

  • Lease contract, signed by all parties OR a current and active proof of residency in the form of a utility bill (water, electric or cable) of the family's address - which must be under the parent's name – for the current residence
  • A valid sales or lease contract, signed by all parties for the new home
  • A document showing a closing or occupancy date on or after the first day of school for the new home
  • Birth certificate and social security card for all affected children

A student who moves out of a school’s attendance area during a school year may request permission to remain at the school for the duration of the school year by submitting an Application for Continued Enrollment to the campus principal. In order to be considered for approval, an Application for Continued Enrollment may be submitted prior to the move but must be submitted no more than 10 days after the move. An Application submitted more than 10 days after the move may be denied due to untimeliness of the request. This can also be submitted for graduating seniors.

As a requirement of law, only a biological parent, court-appointed legal guardian, or other person with legal control of the child shall enroll a student into a public school district. If a person wishing to enroll a child and the person is not the parent of the child, the person will be required to obtain an NISD Power of Attorney (POA) document from the Office of Student Advocacy and School Choice (SASC) at (210) 397-8695, which allows the parent to extend their parental rights (to include care, custody and control of the student) to a guardian for purposes of educational, health care, and general welfare. Note that during the summer and through the first six-weeks of the school year, because of increased volume, POAs are by appointment only.

A parent may choose to home school their children. If home school is decided upon by the family, then the home campus must be provided a letter including:

  • Student name and date of birth
  • Parent name and signature
  • Date that home schooling began (the letter cannot reflect the intent to home school)

Examples are available in English and Español.

Cafeteria Menus
Health & Vaccination Forms
Buses & Boundaries
District Programs