What is S.T.E.M.?
STEM Education is an approach to learning that uses Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics as access points for guiding student inquiry, dialogue, and critical thinking.
In the STEM lab, your child will experience all of these areas on a weekly basis. The goal is to increase student engagement, challenge and excitement at an early age to prepare them for careers that have not even been created yet!
The student goals for the program are:
- To improve the student experience in school through Discovery Time
- Develop 21st-century learning skills
- Develop grit
- Develop digital citizenship
- Develop skills that will be used beyond the STEM lab
- Develop connections for students to potential STEM careers and fields