How to Apply
The application and admission process for CAST Teach High School occurs each school year, beginning in November, for enrollment in the following August. Admission is available only through this process.
Admissions is open to incoming 9th or 10th grade students for the 2024-2025 school year. CAST Teach is open to students in the greater San Antonio Area. There are no academic filters.
Students who apply will be admitted to the lottery pool. Once a lottery pool has been established from the applications that meet the initial criteria, the lottery will be conducted. Selections from the applicants are random. Students included in the lottery pool but not selected in the initial lottery will remain in the pool on a wait list, which will be used to fill additional spots as openings occur.
Applications open November 27, 2023 and close on January 16, 2024. Visit the NISD Magnet Schools webpage for more information and to create an account and begin your application online.
Application Acceptance Notification
All students will be notified of their acceptance or wait list status via email during the week of January 26, 2024.
Students who are placed on the waitlist will be contacted during the week of February 16, 2024 via email about available seats.
Information Sessions & Fairs
Magnet Fairs (6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.)
- Dec. 4, 2023:
- Northside Sports Gym (Shuttle Services will run between Rudder and Hobby and from Zachry MS to the Sports Gym)
- Dec. 11, 2023:
- Paul Taylor Field House (Shuttle Service will run between Neff and Ross and from Rayburn and Jones to the Paul Taylor Field House)
Open House / Info Sessions: (CAST Teach HS 600 N. Ellison Drive)
- Thursday, 11/30 - 6:30-8:00pm
- Thursday, 01/04 - 6:30-8:00pm
- Saturday, 01/06 - 9:30am-11:00am
- Thursday, 01/11 - 6:30-8:00pm