Application Process for Chavez Excel Academy
The application process for acceptance into the Chavez Excel Academy includes the following:
- A referral and screening process that includes an interview and orientation to Chavez Excel Academy.
- Participation in a mandatory Orientation class to develop successful learning habits and a meaningful educational plan.
- Chavez Excel Academy staff must attend an ARD to determine the appropriate placement of students with special needs.
- Acknowledgment to abide by the standard NISD code of student conduct, and any unique expectations from campus administration.
- Acknowledgment to attend school at least four consecutive hours, five days a week.
- Acknowledgment that Chavez Excel Academy is a school of choice within the Northside Independent School District and noncompliance to the unique policies of the school may result in dismissal from Chavez Excel Academy and guidance towards other educational options.
Note: A completed application does not guarantee enrollment at Chavez Excel Academy.