Attendance & Class Schedule
Classes at Chavez Excel Academy start at 8:00 am Monday thru Friday. Classes end at 5:00 pm Monday thru Thursday and at 3:00 pm on Friday. The school is closed on Saturday, Sunday and the NISD Holidays. A student at Chavez Excel Academy must attend a minimum of five consecutive hours (age 17) or four consecutive hours (age 18 and older) each day for five days a week. We encourage students to attend more than the minimum hours whenever possible. The intention of this flexible schedule is to remove time constraints that may exist for students not able to participate in a traditional schedule and provide ample occasions for students to be successful.
The following conditions are important to maintain this flexible schedule:
- Students age 17 must sign-in by 12:00 pm Monday thru Thursday and by 10:00 am on Friday.
- Students age 18 and older must sign-in by 1:00 pm Monday thru Thursday and by 11:00 am on Friday.
- Students age 17, that do not complete the minimum of five consecutive hours will be counted as absent for that day.
- Students age 18 and older, that do not complete the minimum of four consecutive hours will be counted as absent for that day.
- Excessive absence from Chavez Excel Academy may result in dismissal from Chavez Excel Academy and guidance towards a more successful learning environment.