NISD and the Guidance and Counseling Department will provide a comprehensive developmental program addressing the whole child to maximize academic achievement, social and emotional development, and post-secondary college and career readiness. We do this through a variety of methods including, but not limited to individual counseling, group counseling, and classroom guidance lessons.
- Counsel individuals and small groups to help meet identified needs.
- Teach the guidance curriculum and assist teachers with guidance related curriculum.
- Consult with parents regarding any concerns about their children.
- Consult with teachers and administrators regarding students’ needs.
- Interpret test results to students, parents, and teachers.
- Coordinate with school and community personnel to bring together resources for students.
- Guide students in the development of educational and career plans.
- Assist students in crisis situations
How can a parent or student contact the counselors?
- Teacher/Admin Referral
- Parent referral