Students placed at Northside Alternative Middle School are required to wear the following*:
- Sagging or cargo pants are not allowed.
- Pants are to always be worn at the waist, not below.
- Torn or ripped pants that expose skin are not allowed.
2. Three button white polo-style shirt
- A long or short sleeved t-shirt may be worn under the polo shirt.
3. Tennis shoes
- Shoes with adequate ankle support are required, as NAMS students do not “dress out” for PE.
- Footwear which has toes reinforced with steel, hard plastics or similar materials are specifically prohibited.
4. Alternative school issued identification
In addition, consistent with the Northside ISD District Dress Code (Section D of Student / Parent Handbook), the following are NOT permitted at any time:
- Hats, bandanas or other headgear;
- Bags, purses, or backpacks;
- Unconventional colored, multi-colored, spiked or mohawk hair styles;
- Head shavings with designs;
- Body piercing jewelry, other than rings, studs or other traditional jewelry worn in the ear. “Gauges” or “spacers” are not allowed. Tongue rings and/or tongue studs are not permitted.
*The above information is subject to change as new trends in gang-related activities or other societal fashion concerns need to be addressed. Final determination of acceptable dress and grooming rests with the principal and cannot be appealed. This standardized attire replaces all other schools’ dress code for the duration of a student’s assignment to the Northside Alternative Middle Schools.
**NOTE TO PARENTS: If your child violates the dress code, a phone call will be made to allow someone to bring a change of clothing. If you are unable to deliver acceptable clothing, your child may be offered a loaner item and issued consequences. Repeated offenses will result in additional disciplinary consequences.