The Stevens Athletic Program will develop all student-athletes through mind, body, and spirited competition utilizing the core values of integrity, perseverance, responsibility, and commitment. Our goal is to develop young girls and boys into thriving adult women and men.
The Stevens Athletic Program views success as a purposeful vision by all of our student-athletes that becomes a reality with a relentless pursuit of excellence through academic and athletic rigor.
FALCON SPORTS TEAMS
- Cross Country
- Water Polo
Anthony Boykin Athletic Coordinator
Tracy Hesson Assistant Athletic Coordinator
IMPORTANT ATHLETIC INFORMATION
If your child is interested in trying out for a sport next year or is enrolled in 7th or 8th-grade athletics, there is mandatory paperwork that must be completed before they can be eligible to participate.
An athlete cannot try out for a sport before completing ALL UIL paperwork found on the parent portal. (link below)
2020-2021 Directions for Sports Participation
The Physical and Medical History forms (2020-21) are online for parents to print if necessary. Asthma form is also available to print if applicable. Asthma form is required annually.
<IF YOU NEED A PHYSICAL>
- ALL incoming 7th grade students need a physical
- ANY student who did not have a physical on file with your school (Stevens, Pease, Vale) last year will need a physical.
- Use the 2020-21 Medical History / Physical form.
- Athletes with Asthma, use 2020-21 Asthma Form (due annually) and take with you to the Dr. to fill out during your physical exam.
- All forms need to be turned into Sports Coach at Pease / Vale, and an Athletic Trainer at Stevens HS.
PHYSICAL LOCATIONS: FastMed Urgent Care Coupon Flyer
Sports Medicine Associates of San Antonio Flyer
Contact your Primary Care Physician
<IF YOU DO NOT NEED A PHYSICAL>
- Athletes with a physical on file with your school (Stevens, Pease, Vale) from last year are required to complete Rank One Online forms
- The Medical History form is now an online form
- UIL is not requiring you to get a new physical at this time.
- If there are no ‘red flags’, you will be cleared to participate in sports for the 2020-21 school year. Example of ‘red flag’: If you have asthma, have the Dr. complete the asthma form. and the athlete turns in the form to an Athletic Trainers (Stevens HS) or Sport Coach (Pease/Vale).
<EVERY ATHLETE IS REQUIRED TO SUBMIT ONLINE FORMS ANNUALLY>
- The link below will take parent/student athletes to appropriate site for online forms and printable forms (i.e., Physical, Medical History, Asthma)
Once on the site:
- Click "Online forms for 20-21"
- Far left, Online forms, click on red box "Go to forms"
- Continue to follow prompts / directions for online forms.
- (There are several signatures required by Parents and Student Athlete)
- When completed, submit forms for review by Athletic Trainer or Sport Coach (Pease/Vale)
Questions? Contact Athletic Trainers at Falcon Sports Medicine
All incoming 7th-grade athletes are required to have a physical before trying out for any athletic team, along with filling out all the other athletic forms.
For all incoming 8th grade athletes who turned in a physical to their coach last year as 7th graders, that physical is still good for your 8th-grade year. However, all other athletic forms must be re-submitted.
The following are all the forms needed to participate in Athletics:
The links below can be located on the NISD Athletics website at https://nisd.net/athletics/rank-one-forms-and-insurance.