Jerry D. Allen Eagle Library Lane
Librarian Teresa A. Delgadillo
JD Allen Library Policy & Procedures
- Teachers requesting library material-
- Please place requests for library materials via e-mail & allow for a 24hr window to receive materials
- Materials requested of the same curriculum theme will be equally distributed amongst teachers.
- Hours- M-Thurs. 7:15- 7:40 Open before school for students in 2nd-5th.
- Closed-11:15-11:45 for lunch
- Afternoon Hours- Mon.-Closed -
- Tues. - Fri- 2:50-3:15 (ALL STUDENTS VISITING IN THE AFTERNOON MUST COME WITH A PARENTS OR GUARDIAN)
- Circulation Rules:
- PreK- 1st lib. books kept in class
- 2nd-may check out two books
- 3rd- 5th- may check out three books for a two week period;
- Parents: may check out up to two books for a two week period and return to the book to- library, front office, and/or his or her child's teacher .
- Concerns about a library book If you have questions concerning a book in the JD Allen Library collection please speak with the librarian.
- Fines-Non are assessed for overdue books.
- Lost and/or Damaged books: A library book lost or damaged beyond repair (any kind of liquid damage will generally render a book totally damaged), the user will be requested to pay for the replacement cost of the book.
- Computer Use: The library has nine computers for students, staff, and parent use. These computers are networked and have online access and access to Accelerated Reader. In order to use a library computer for any reason, students must have permission on file from a parent (per NISD policy). Parents and other community members must fill out an Acceptable Use Agreement. Once signed the librarian will provide parents with an NISD guest log on.