NISD's mission is to provide all NISD students who are eligible to ride the bus a safe, efficient, nurturing environment that supports the educational and extra-curricular objectives of the district.
District calendars are listed and approved two years in advance. For individual schools, only campuses with Google Calendars are featured here.
Working together for student academic success by providing nutritious meals in a cost effective and pleasant environment.
All Northside ISD students, whether new or returning, register here online.
Communications Arts High School
- Current Enrollment: 567
- Graduation Rate 100%
- College, Career & Military Readiness 99%
In order to maintain our college preparatory setting, most core classes at ComArts are Pre-AP level, Advanced Placement, and/or Dual Credit. Our unique communications magnet program is based on three distinctive strands: Audio/Video Production, Animation, and Broadcast Journalism, with the potential to earn Adobe Certifications in Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, and Animate.
The successful ComArts student is:
- Able to speak publicly in various settings, both formal and informal, with diversified audiences.
- Hard-working and willing to undertake rigorous and college-level courses, with support from teachers and resources at school.
- Responsible and goal-oriented, actively pursuing goals and achieving those goals within a given time frame.
- Eager to take risks and extend outside their comfort zone, taking control of the educational experience.
- Enthusiastic and comfortable using technology throughout the day, from completing assignments in one of our Mac labs to collaborating with peers on Google Docs for an interdisciplinary project.
- Able to create, design, problem solve and become innovative thinkers by using our new Makerspace Lab equipped with a variety of printers, including a 3D printer, computers and a t-shirt press.
Communications Arts is a Northside ISD magnet school located on the William Howard Taft High School campus that promotes rigorous, foundational learning in a personal, supportive environment, developing skills in communications and technology, emphasizing collaborative choice and fluidity between disciplines. Communications Arts High School creates confident, global citizens, bold and articulate communicators, and self-directed leaders whose intellectual curiosity leads to positive change and societal transformation.