Communications Arts High School
- Current Enrollment: 567
- Graduation Rate 100%
- College, Career & Military Readiness 99%
In order to maintain our college preparatory setting, most core classes at ComArts are Pre-AP level, Advanced Placement, and/or Dual Credit. Our unique communications magnet program is based on three distinctive strands: Audio/Video Production, Animation, and Broadcast Journalism, with the potential to earn Adobe Certifications in Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, and Animate.
The successful ComArts student is:
- Able to speak publicly in various settings, both formal and informal, with diversified audiences.
- Hard-working and willing to undertake rigorous and college-level courses, with support from teachers and resources at school.
- Responsible and goal-oriented, actively pursuing goals and achieving those goals within a given time frame.
- Eager to take risks and extend outside their comfort zone, taking control of the educational experience.
- Enthusiastic and comfortable using technology throughout the day, from completing assignments in one of our Mac labs to collaborating with peers on Google Docs for an interdisciplinary project.
- Able to create, design, problem solve and become innovative thinkers by using our new Makerspace Lab equipped with a variety of printers, including a 3D printer, computers and a t-shirt press.
Communications Arts is a Northside ISD magnet school located on the William Howard Taft High School campus that promotes rigorous, foundational learning in a personal, supportive environment, developing skills in communications and technology, emphasizing collaborative choice and fluidity between disciplines. Communications Arts High School creates confident, global citizens, bold and articulate communicators, and self-directed leaders whose intellectual curiosity leads to positive change and societal transformation.