Northside ISD Online Vendor Registration (“ESM Solutions”)
The Northside ISD Purchasing Office uses an online electronic procurement system called “ESM Solutions.” This electronic procurement system allows the Purchasing Office to maintain accurate information about ESM Solutions registered vendors and the goods and/or services they want to sell to the District. ESM Solutions electronically notifies those registered Vendors of Northside ISD bid opportunities that are relevant to their business and it allows interested Vendors to electronically submit their bids to the Purchasing Office for evaluation.
If you wish to be considered for ESM Solutions’ electronic notification of bid opportunities that meet your company’s profile and expertise, please register online for this service. There is no charge to register.
- All contracts that exceed $50,000 in the aggregate within a one-year period are released for competition among interested vendors using one of several bidding methods authorized by the state. Bid openings are held in public at the location specified in the bid documents.
- Opened bids are reviewed by the Purchasing Department and the originating department, and a recommendation for award is made based on the criteria established by the State and based on requirements specifically enumerated in the bid documents.
- Contract awards are made by the Board of Trustees at their monthly meetings, which are held on the fourth Tuesday of each month. Board meetings are held at 5900 Evers Rd., San Antonio, TX 78238.
- For the purchase of goods valued between $2,000 and $50,000, the District utilizes quotes received from several vendors. Written, faxed or emailed quotes are preferred.
- If you are interested in doing business with Northside, create an account and be sure to check any and all commodities that your company can provide. This information will be used to identify vendors that the District will notify of pending bid solicitations.
- Bid invitations are sent to vendors based on the selected commodity from the vendor application.
- Make sure that you fill out the bid completely and thoroughly and that you submit your bid on or before the due date and time. Late bids will not be accepted.
- Contract award information will be available after approval by the Board of Trustees.
- In the event that your company is awarded a contract with the District, and you have not done business with the District before, you will be required to submit a Form W-9 and an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) authorization form. Additionally, vendors who enter or seek to enter into a contract with the District are required to submit Form CIQ regarding conflicts of interest.
- Once the Board of Trustees approves the bids, the awarded vendors will be used to purchase the goods and services on that bid for the duration of the bid (typically one year). Some bids have the option to extend for an additional year or more.
- In successive years, you will remain on the Vendor List and be notified by email of the latest bids as long as you acknowledge receipt of the bids by returning them to the Purchasing Department (whether you bid on the contracts or not). If you do not wish to participate in a bid that you receive, clearly write "NO BID" on the cover page of the bid documents and return it to the Purchasing Department.
Supplier Diversity Program
The District’s Supplier Diversity Program ensures that the District will use its best efforts to ensure that small, women-owned and minority businesses are informed of current and future purchasing activities and will promote and encourage the participation of minority-owned, women-owned, and small businesses in purchasing of all goods and services.
Bid bonds are regularly used by public entities such as school districts to ensure that a vendor submitting a bid will enter into a contract with the public entity and provide required payment and/or performance bonds if they are selected as the awarded vendor. A bid bond may be required for certain Northside ISD bid solicitations. The requirement for a bid bond will be clearly stated within the bid documents.
Bid bonds submitted for Northside ISD solicitations must meet the following requirements:
- The bid bond must accompany the vendor’s bid response. Bid bonds will not be accepted after the bid due date & time.
- The bid bond must be an original, with an embossed seal of the bonding company. Copies of bid bonds, or bid bonds that have been altered will not be accepted.
- The bid bond must state the name of the vendor submitting the bid response and the name of the bonding company.
- The bid bond must name Northside Independent School District as the obligee, the entity to which the vendor is being bound to.
- The bid bond must state the dollar sum or percentage of bid amount that the bid bond is for. The standard amount is 5% of the contract total, but refer to the bid documents to be certain.
- The bid bond must indicate clearly which specific project the bond is for, for example “Northside ISD RFCSP #2014‐123 – Chiller Replacement at ABC High School”. The project listed should be as specific as possible. Generic or ambiguous project information may subject the bid to rejection.
- The bid bond must be signed and dated by the vendor’s representative, by the bonding company and by witnesses as indicated on the bid bond document.
Northside's Board of Trustees has authorized participation in several Cooperative Purchasing organizations.
ESM Registration Instructions
The Northside Independent School District is moving to a new electronic system for our sourcing events. Bids will now be posted through the ESM Sourcing System, previously eSchoolMall/Mercury Commerce, and all suppliers will need to Register with ESM Solutions to be able to view or respond to bids. (Note: there is no cost associated with this registration)
Once you have registered, we recommend you view your Customers and Email Notification options located in your ESM Profile. This will allow you to customize the emails you receive from the system. If you do not choose to customize this information, you will receive emails from all users of the ESM Sourcing System, not just the Northside Independent School District.
If you have not previously registered for ESM Solutions, you may be presented the opportunity to map your individual supplier account with your company’s existing record during registration. If you have an existing ESM Solutions account, you can select the Forgot Password link to reset your password.
If you have any issues registering, please review the Supplier Guides. If additional assistance is required, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Automated emails from ESM may go to your junk mail, so please add the email address email@example.com to your address book to ensure you receive all notices.
Supplier Commodity Code
Customers are now able to send event bid invitations by selecting one or more commodity codes. If you are unable to see a bid, you may need to update your commodities code before you can view the events. These step by step instructions will show you how to update your commodity code.
1. Suppliers can update their commodity codes by going to the profile tab and choose ‘Select Function’, commodities:
2. The supplier can search for either the NIGP code or keywords to describe their product/service. Once the service is found, click the check box.