Health Careers High School
Welcome to Health Careers
- 2019-2021 Great Schools College Success Award
- 2022 Niche Ranked #1 Best Magnet High Schools in San Antonio Area
- 2022 US News Best High Schools (#3 in San Antonio; #10 in Texas; #102 in Nation)
- Class of 2022 earned $11,644,514 in scholarship offers
All students at Health Careers High School will take their core classes along with Principles of Health Science and can then choose to focus on one of these strands of education:
Students may also take Advanced Placement and Dual Credit classes to earn credit for college coursework concurrent with a high school course. Students earn credit through Northwest Vista College, and the credit can transfer to all public colleges and universities in Texas.
Internship/Externship Opportunities – Students at Health Careers High School have many opportunities for internships and externships including those in medical, research, dental, pharmaceutical, or related career fields at the following locations:
- University Hospital
- UT Health Science Center
- Methodist Specialty Transplant Hospital
"In Northside, safety is always one of our top priorities."