The residents of the Helotes area took great pride in seeing their children educated. The original two room school house was located in the city of Helotes and records date back as far as 1911. Several area schools were combined to form the Helotes Consolidated School District, established in 1939, after the present day site was purchased from Mr. Riggs. Helotes Elementary became part of the Northside Rural School District during World War II. Helotes Elementary has a long history and we are proud to say we are Bulldogs!