NISD PTA's Vision
To make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
Who is the PTA? We are a group of parents/teachers/community members who work together to provide a fun learning environment for all Luna students and who advocate for an excellent education system on behalf of those students.
How can I help?
- Join PTA: $8.50 dues activate your PTA membership for a full school year. Scroll back up on this page and click the "Join the PTA" tab to learn how you can become a member. There is now an option to become a member online (includes $1.50 processing fee)! Visit JoinPTA.org to join online.
- Volunteer: Volunteer as much (or as little) as your schedule allows, there are no required hours of volunteer time, no mandatory number of meetings to attend! Click here to complete NISD's Volunteer Background Check. Click here to sign-up for volunteer opportunities at Luna.
- Speak Up: attend meetings, voice concerns, ask questions
- Promote: spread the word about what your PTA is doing for your school, encourage other parents and friends to be a part of our efforts to empower children and families.
Join us at membership meetings (6pm, Tuesdays):
- Sept. 17th
- Nov. 12th (includes Veteran's Day Celebration)
- Mar. 17th (includes election)
- May 19th
Join us at PTA Sponsored Events (Volunteers will be needed)
- November 8th, 4:30-6:30pm: Dance for a Cause (6th/7th Grade)
- November 15th, 4:30-6:30pm: Dance for a Cause (8th Grade)
- December 14th, 10am-1pm: Luna Tamalada
- January 13th, 6- 7pm: "No Name Calling Week" recognition & 'Paint With a Longhorn' night
- February 12th, 4:30 - 5:30pm: Teacher vs. Teacher Dodgeball
- March 17th, 7:30am-8:30am: Cupcakes With Caregivers
- April 25th, 10am-12pm: Earthday Party