Credit Retrieval & Advanced Placement Google Hangouts
Credit Retrieval Information:
The State Compensatory High School Credit Retrieval Program is a supplemental program for students who have failed a whole or a half credit in a core subject area with a grade of 60 to 69. Students who qualify for the program have an opportunity to retrieve previously failed credits. The student has the opportunity to retrieve the credit through a variety of methods that include computer based learning, packet based learning, or a combination of both. We currently use Plato for our computer based learning. The program is held during school. Students who successfully complete the course work prescribed will be awarded the appropriate course credit with a grade of 70. The grade will not replace the prior failed grade, but will be shown as a separate grade and credit completion. Students, once accepted into the program will be expected to follow the general guidelines listed below. Failure to do so may result in removal from the program.
- Students must complete an application and be admitted into the program.
- Students are expected to complete all coursework assigned.
- Students must be on time and come to class prepared to work.
- Students must be cleared by campus for internet use.
- Students must follow rules concerning the use and care of computers. Any inappropriate use will result in dismissal of the program.
- Attendance is mandatory to ensure success. Students may be withdrawn from the program due to excessive absences.
- Students are expected to complete work in a timely manner.
- Students must follow all campus and Northside I.S.D. rules.