Students new to Northside ISD can now enroll online using NISD Powerschool Registration. You can enroll your student in the current year by clicking on the Link below.
The student must be enrolled by the person(s) listed on the student's birth certificate, a guardian assigned by the legal system or approved by NISD Pupil Personnel. *** Step-parents/Grandparents may not enroll a student.
Items required for enrollment include:
- Proof of residence in the O'Connor High School attendance zone
- Must be a CPS, SAWS, Spectrum Cable or landline phone bill for the current or previous month. We will also accept lease agreement or closing statement on a new home.
- If living with another family in the O'Connor HS area, a notarized “Affidavit of Residence" must be provided. In addition, the homeowner must accompany the parent to registration and provide proof of residence as described above and a photo ID. Students 18 years of age and older and not living with a biological parent must complete this form in lieu of a “Power of Attorney”
- Immunization records (must be current before enrollment can begin)
- Copy of student’s certified birth certificate or passport
- We cannot accept hospital issued birth certificates or baptismal certificates
- Withdrawal form from previous school if enrolling during the school year
- Report card or unofficial transcript if enrolling during the summer
- Copy of student’s social security card
- If enrolling from outside the United States, all report cards/transcripts dating back to at least 7th grade.
**OPTIONAL: If receiving special education or 504 services, please bring most recent IEP/ARD or 504 records.
Additional requirements (as determined by registrar):
If you have a contract to build or purchase a home in the O'Connor HS attendance area but it will not be ready for occupancy at the time of enrollment (or first day of school if enrolling during the summer), please call NISD Pupil Personnel at 210-397-8695 to complete an “Anticipated Move Contract”
If a student 17 years of age or younger will not be residing with a biological parent, please call NISD Pupil Personnel at 210-397-8695 to complete a “Power of Attorney”. Please note that the guardian must enroll the student at OHS.
For more information regarding applications for student transfers, visit the NISD Pupil Personnel site or call 210-397-8695. Pupil Personnel
THE REGISTRAR'S OFFICE IS OPEN FROM 8AM TO 4:30PM.
PLEASE CONTACT THE REGISTRAR'S OFFICE THROUGH THE NUMBERS LISTED BELOW FOR QUESTIONS.
210.695.4805 [Registrar’s Fax]
210.397.4852 Assistant Registrar [Mrs. Prichard] email@example.com
210.397-4838 Registrar [Ms. Turner] firstname.lastname@example.org
210.397.4853 Data Processor - GRS [Mrs. Steffen] email@example.com
AFFIDAVIT OF RESIDENCE
Northside requires evidence that a student resides in the district before the student can be enrolled. Acceptable documents for verifying residency include a current, active utility bill (current or prior month), or a sales, lease, or rental contract. There are, however, occasions, where a family is living with another family or for some other reason cannot meet district requirements for proof of residency – no current utility receipt or sales, lease or rental contract in their name.
Even so, the family may be legitimately residing in Northside and the district is obligated to enroll the family’s child. In situations where families cannot show proof of residency, the family may enroll the child by completing a notarized AFFIDAVIT OF RESIDENCE (AOR).
VERIFICATION OF ENROLLMENT REQUESTS
Verification Letter of Enrollment Requests are taken during all hours of the school day. Due to the confidentiality of these type of documents, we are not able to fax, email or send them by U.S. Mail to you or others. They must be picked up in person (by the student or the parent/guardian) with a current photo id.
Please allow 1-3 days for processing.
Verification Letters may be needed for:
Proof of Attendance
Social Security Benefits, or
Request forms are available in the registrar's office.