NISD Dress Code as stated in handbook:
To aid students and their parents in making decisions about appropriate dress and grooming for schools, the following guidelines are established. Final determination of acceptable dress and grooming rests with the principal or his/her designee.
- Shorts and skorts- Shorts and skorts are prohibited in grades six through twelve. In grades three through twelve, skirts, dresses, and culottes must be no more than four inches above the top of the knee. All pants are to be full length, are to be worn at the waist (no “sagging”). Tight fitting pants (e.g., tights, Spandex, bicycle pants) are also prohibited.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn. Open toed shoes or shoes without heel covering/strap are not permitted.
- Headwear and hoodies must not be worn in buildings.
- Any clothes that are suggestive or indecent or which cause distraction are not acceptable. Specifically, oversized clothing, tank tops, muscle shirts, halter tops, spaghetti straps, exposed backs or midriffs, and see-through garments are not permitted.
- Body piercing jewelry is prohibited except for rings, studs or other traditional jewelry worn in the ear. Tongue rings and tongue studs are not permitted.
School Supply List (start of school)
Individual teachers may add to this list once school starts to meet the specific needs of their Classroom:
- 2-3 inch binder
- Binder dividers (8 count)
- Small pencil sharpener
- White wide-ruled notebook paper
- 6 composition books (1 for each core class)
- Blue or black ink pens
- 2 red ballpoint pens
- #2 pencils
- 1 zipper carry-all pouch
- 1 box colored map pencils
- Colored folders with brads