Student Technology Device Lending Agreement
The use of technology is an important aspect of the educational experience. Subject to your execution of this Agreement, Northside Independent School District (NISD) is providing your student a computing device (chromebook, laptop, or tablet) that is, and shall remain, the property of NISD. This device is being provided because of an identified unmet technology need so that your child may continue their digital learning while participating in Northside curriculum both in class or at home when needed. If you received this message in error please visit devicelending.nisd.net to complete the opt out form. This computing device is to be used for educational purposes only. Failure to adhere to guidelines set forth in the Student/Parent Handbook may result in disciplinary action, including but not limited to, temporary or permanent loss of use of District Technology Resources.
NISD agrees to provide to your student the device identified below for educational purposes only. By taking possession of a student assigned device, the parent agrees to be responsible as follows:
Students will use the device in compliance with the Acceptable Use Policy for Technology found in the Parent/Student Handbook. These devices are not to be used for personal, commercial or business use.
All NISD-provided devices are CIPA-compliant with respect to internet filtering, however, it is ultimately the responsibility of the parent/guardian to monitor their students’ internet activity and use of computing devices when not at an NISD facility.
Parent/Guardian assumes responsibility for:
- basic care and security of the device on and off school premises.
- reporting device problems, breakage or damage immediately to campus staff. Theft of an issued NISD computing device should be reported immediately to Northside ISD Police Department (210-397-5600) and to the student’s home campus.
- the repair cost due to intentional damage or damage due to neglect or accident.
- replacement costs due to device loss for any reason (ie. theft, fire, flood, lightning, or any other cause) or in the event the device is damaged, destroyed or rendered useless while assigned to student.
- ensuring the return of the assigned device to NISD at the conclusion of the academic year, when the student withdraws from a Northside ISD campus, transfers between Northside campuses, or whenever requested by NISD.