Monday - Friday
7:15 - 8:00 AM
Room B106, Every Wednesday 3:00 - 3:45 PM
Professor Jennifer Bustos
Starting Wednesday, January 8, 2020 @ 3:00 – 3:45 PM Every 2 weeks on Wednesday, until Mar 5, 2020
Cassidy Garnica and Amanda Barrett
Behlau ES's eS2S Military Kids Club is designed to ensure inclusive, quality educational opportunities for all military-connected children affected by mobility, transition, deployments and family separation. As a campus-based military liaisons, Mrs. Garnica and Mrs. Barrett are responsible for serving as the point of contact and working collaboratively between military-connected students and their families and the campus. The eS2S team attends yearly training to learn and understand topics related to the transition of military-connected students and their families. Both counselors assist with campus-based supports such as small group counseling. The counselors provide services to military-connected students based on their unique needs, including their high mobility and deployment rate.
At Behlau Elementary School, whenever a new military family is identified by our office staff, our Military Kids Club Ambassadors step into action. The following are the responsibilities the eS2S Classroom Ambassador have:
* Giving new students a tour of the school with the help of one of our eS2SSchool Ambassadors.
* Explaining the class rules to a new student.
* Showing new students the ins and outs of how the classroom functions.
* Sitting with the new student at lunch and helping them feel welcome at our campus.
* Helping the student develop an immediate sense of belonging by playing with him/her at recess.
* Introducing the new student to other friends they may have on campus.
Here are more resources for our Military Families:
Mrs. Torrez, Ms. Dominguez, Mr. Leija
Room B106, Every Thursday at 3:00 - 3:45
Date: Feb 5th - April 1st
Time: 3:05 - 3:45 PM
- Young Gardeners is a science club to encourage 3rd Grade Students to get in touch with nature through horticulture. We will be exploring, growing and learning about plants.
- 18 Students will be chosen through a lottery system. This is a free club, but we will be asking for a few donations.
- We will be meeting on Wednesdays from 3:05 - 3:45. Bus transportation is NOT available at that time, so please take that into consideration.
The following dates are planned for our club