3:15-4:15 Every Tuesday in the Library
Battle of the Books is a program designed to allow students to participate in reading books as a team and then competing against other teams to find out who has the ability to recall the most information from the books. Students will have an opportunity to read and enjoy books with a group of their peers while working collaboratively to prepare for a "Battle of the Books" competition in May. This year Behlau will compete against Cody, Evers, Locke Hill, Braun Station and Leick Elementaries. More information will be sent home regarding the final competition. The goal of this program is to make reading fun and exciting for students while offering them a safe and competitive academic environment. Please understand that this is a competitive program for students who are independent readers for they will need to read several books in a short amount of time.
If your child is interested in being a part of Behlau's Battle of the Book Club, please compete the form found in the Front office. Students will be selected based on behavior, grades, and school attendance. Nominations for the club are for 3rd - 5th Grade students.
For further questions please email club sponsor, Mr. Underhill, at email@example.com
May 5 - Last Battle of the Books Meeting before the final competition. We will finalize the list of students competing against the other Battle of the Books schools.
Final Competition Date - TBD
Monday - Friday
7:15 - 8:00 AM
Room B106, Every Wednesday 3:00 - 3:45 PM
Professor Jennifer Bustos
Starting Wednesday, January 8, 2020 @ 3:00 – 3:45 PM Every 2 weeks on Wednesday, until Mar 5, 2020
Cassidy Garnica and Amanda Barrett
Behlau ES's eS2S Military Kids Club is designed to ensure inclusive, quality educational opportunities for all military-connected children affected by mobility, transition, deployments and family separation. As a campus-based military liaisons, Mrs. Garnica and Mrs. Barrett are responsible for serving as the point of contact and working collaboratively between military-connected students and their families and the campus. The eS2S team attends yearly training to learn and understand topics related to the transition of military-connected students and their families. Both counselors assist with campus-based supports such as small group counseling. The counselors provide services to military-connected students based on their unique needs, including their high mobility and deployment rate.
At Behlau Elementary School, whenever a new military family is identified by our office staff, our Military Kids Club Ambassadors step into action. The following are the responsibilities the eS2S Classroom Ambassador have:
* Giving new students a tour of the school with the help of one of our eS2SSchool Ambassadors.
* Explaining the class rules to a new student.
* Showing new students the ins and outs of how the classroom functions.
* Sitting with the new student at lunch and helping them feel welcome at our campus.
* Helping the student develop an immediate sense of belonging by playing with him/her at recess.
* Introducing the new student to other friends they may have on campus.
Here are more resources for our Military Families:
Mrs. Torrez, Ms. Dominguez, Mr. Leija
Room B106, Every Thursday at 3:00 - 3:45
Date: Feb 5th - April 1st
Time: 3:05 - 3:45 PM
- Young Gardeners is a science club to encourage 3rd Grade Students to get in touch with nature through horticulture. We will be exploring, growing and learning about plants.
- 18 Students will be chosen through a lottery system. This is a free club, but we will be asking for a few donations.
- We will be meeting on Wednesdays from 3:05 - 3:45. Bus transportation is NOT available at that time, so please take that into consideration.
The following dates are planned for our club